- This event has passed.
Wanderer – Wayfarer Racing Weekend 2023
April 22 - April 23
Our first event of the 2023 season is, as usual, the two-day race meeting over the weekend of April 22nd and 23rd hosted by West Oxfordshire Sailing Club in a shared event with Wayfarers.
Wanderer Class Owners’ Association members can register for free.
Motorhoming/caravanning/camping is available on site
We are planning a Saturday evening Wanderer Fleet supper the Blue Boar pub in nearby Longworth
To enter the event go to the West Oxfordshire SC website: https://www.wosc.org.uk/
The a pdf version of the NOR can be seen on their website https://www.wosc.org.uk/ Wanderer and Wayfarer Joint Race Meet 2023
A brief email to Richard Maltby as the WCOA coordinator for the event would be appreciated if you are intending to enter: email@example.com.
West Oxfordshire SC Contact: Michael Lewington: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE OF RACE
Wanderer and Wayfarer Joint Race Meeting
“CraftInsure Junior’ Series. for Wayfarers” “Wanderer Spring Weekend Racing Event”
West Oxfordshire Sailing Club, Witney
Saturday 22 / Sunday 23 April 2023
———————– o0o ———————–
Entries are invited for the 2023 Wanderer and Wayfarer Joint Race Meeting. Organised by
WEST OXFORDSHIRE SAILING CLUB
———————– o0o ———————–
1. Rules: The regatta will be governed by The Racing Rules of Sailing 2021 – 2024, the Prescriptions of the Royal Yachting Association, Class Rules and West Oxfordshire Sailing Club’s Sailing Instructions. Racing Rules 27.1 and 40 will be changed to the effect that buoyancy aids are required. The changes will appear in full in the Sailing Instructions. Competitors should note that West Oxfordshire Sailing Club
implements the RYA Racing Charter. Competitors will be required to undertake to sail in compliance with the Charter, which can be found at the front of the RYA rule book and at the point of event entry.
2. Eligibility & Entry: The regatta is open to all boats of the Wayfarer and Wanderer classes. Crews may enter by completing the entry form from 09h30 on the morning of the event.
3. Entry Fee: An entry fee of £35.00 is payable on the day or on the club web site.
4. Schedule: A competitors’ briefing will be held in front of the club balcony at 11h00. The regatta will be five races of approximately 60-minutes’ duration, with four to count. Start times will be approximately as follows :-
1st Race Sat 12h00
2nd Race Sat 14h00
3rd Race Sat 15h30
4th Race Sun 10h00 (back to back)
5th Race Sun 11h00
The scheduled time of the warning signal for the first race is 11h55.
If more than 20 (twenty) entries (for each fleet) are received then flights may be organized. In this case, the regatta will be five races of approximately 50-minutes’ duration, with four to count. The second flight start times will be five minutes after those of the first flight for each fleet.
5. Sailing Instructions: The Sailing Instructions are available on the club website: www.wosc.org.uk. Additional copies will be made available at the time of entry.
6 If the number of races is curtailed (e.g. due to the weather) then one completed race will constitute a series, no discard if there are two races, and one discard for three or more races
7. Prizes: There will be prizes awarded for 1st – 3rd places. Other spot prizes may be awarded depending on the size of the entry.
8. Risk Statement
Rule 4 of the Racing Rules of Sailing states: “The responsibility for a boat’s decision to participate in a race or to continue racing is hers alone.” Sailing is by its nature an unpredictable sport and therefore involves an element of risk. By taking part in any of the events covered by this notice of race, each competitor agrees and acknowledges that:
a) They are aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the sport and accept responsibility for the exposure of themselves, their crew and their boat to such inherent risk whilst taking part in the event;
b) They are responsible for the safety of themselves, their crew, their boat and their other property whether afloat or ashore;
c) They accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by their own actions or omissions;
d) Their boat is in good order, equipped to sail in the event and they are fit to participate;
e) The provision of a race management team, patrol boats, umpires and other officials and volunteers by the organiser does not relieve them of their own responsibilities;
f) The provision of patrol boat cover is limited to such assistance, particularly in extreme weather conditions, as can be practically provided in the circumstances.
9. Insurance: Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of at least £ 2,000,000 or the equivalent.
———————– o0o ———————–
Hot food will be available to purchase at breakfast and during the lunch break on both race days and dinner will be available on the Saturday evening at extra cost. The club hopes to have a music on the Saturday night, details to follow.
Please note that on-site camping will be available on the Friday and Saturday nights. Please book this in advance.
For further information about the please contact Michael Lewington email@example.com or by phone on 07711 283306
For further information about the please contact Leslie Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07802 423930 or view the club website at www.wosc.org.uk.